BUILD 4 - ZRX 1200 R
This one is easy. Buy a good condition, low mileage ZRX1200, clean it up and change out some stuff, and there you have it. OK, so there's a bit more to it than that and it's not a cheap build either, but the result is a powerful retro that handles as well as a modern ride.
Here's the list of stuff done;
- Forks black/black nitrided, Ohlins progressive internals.
- Rear shocks made for this bike and my weight by Nitron.
- OZ Piega lightweight wheels - Stunning.
- New seat from Japan.
- LED bulbs all round inc instruments
- Michelin Road 5 tyres
- Front cowl lowered
- Carbs rejetted (Ivans Kit) for a drilled airbox.
- 4 Degree ignition advancer
- Rocker cover vvvvvvent block off plates
- Emission gubbins removed
- New paint by Ian Bye at Bulldog Garage, beautiful.
She now looks stunning and stands out from the crowd....
.......and pulls like a bloody train